Study Examples (Beginning To Advanced)
- Rock Studies
- Jazz Studies
- Chart Interpretation
- Independence Studies
- Tuning – Drum Head Selection
- Percussion Instruments
- Business Practices For The Music Industry
- Electronic Percussion/MIDI
- Recording Techniques
- Secrets Of Subdivision
- Essential Reading
- Drumming Discography
- Goal Setting
- Rehearsal Techniques
- Double Bass Studies
Have you ever asked yourself these questions...
- How and what should I practice in order to achieve the results I want?
- How did that drummer play that lick on that song?
- Why did my favorite drummer choose that pattern to play?
- How do the professionals approach their practice sessions?
- How can I be more creative in my playing?
- How much does developing my technique help me be more creative?
- What can I do to stay relaxed and confident when I play?
- What can I do to increase my ability to play at fast tempos?
- Do I have to be able to read music to play professionally?
- How much should I practice? How often? What should I practice to become well rounded in my ability to play with others?
- Should I choose to play electronic drums or acoustic drums?
- How do I choose the right instruments for my playing style?
- I want to play my drums with a band. How can I do that?
- Who can I enlist to teach me about electronic drums, midi and how they can aid me in my playing?
- What can I do to understand how to develop my playing so that I can play all styles of music?
- I am frustrated with my playing or the speed at which I seem to learn. What can I do?
These are just a few of the many questions that you may have asked yourself. Why not take a few moments to find out just what you can do to enhance your playing. When you call, I will ask you a few questions to see if my study methods can help you achieve your goals. You will only be investing a short period of time in what may be the next step towards what you are searching for. I take a limited number of students for private instruction. My approach is simple and that is to “make learning fun”. As an example, each lesson can include your playing with real music, not just reading written drum parts. Give me a call and learn more about my approach at 281.333.0052. Or submit a contact form with us for more information.
Private Lesson Study
I am taking a limited number of private students. I teach young and old alike. My program is unique and fun. You are actually playing with great musicians as you learn all the things to be an accomplished drummer. Your goal is to record your own CD with you on drums. I also post your work here for your friends and relatives to enjoy and download if they so choose. All lessons are conducted in my home based recording studio near NASA.
Please call 281.333.0052 or 713.299.0345 or fill out this form or more information and specify your interests.